Sunday, March 11, 2007

Political Sunday

I missed posting yesterday. Somehow, that day just slid from Friday to Sunday and I barely noticed. Too bad - I really do like Saturdays.

I've been thinking about the presidential election again. (I'm such a political junkie.) At this point it looks like a Democrat will win the White House. Here's a scenario for you to consider:

President: Obama or Edwards
V.P.: Richardson (he has loads of relevant experience )
Sect'y of State: Joe Biden
Sect'y of Defense: Wesley Clark

I'm assuming Biden's senate seat is safe. It wouldn't do to loose a senate seat in populating the cabinet.

You may notice the absence of the name Clinton anywhere. She's young enough to wait to graduate from the Senate and she is doing a good job there. Bill is doing fine as is. I don't much like the air of inevitability about her and don't want to see it rewarded.

If Obama looses he can stay in the Senate. If Edwards looses he would make a fine Sect'y of HHS. He has the most detailed and well thought out health care plan of any candidate.

Locally, I heard that John Breaux is considering a run for Governor. He may be Louisiana's most talented politician and he has impeccable credentials in Washington, with both parties. He'd be a formidable candidate. His experience is all legislative and not executive, but I still think he'd be a strong governor and a big asset in N.O. recovery.

No comments: