Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Looking for political junkies

I'm trying to get a series of forums going at the coffee shop. My idea is to have someone who supports each candidate come to engage in a conversation about the campaigns. I'd like to hear other people's views about issues of the day and the merits of the candidates.

I'm also interested in the state of politics in general. Is there a leftward drift in the country? Have conservatives sold their soul to Coulter, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc.? Why is someone a conservative or a liberal? What is it you believe that leads you to conclude that conservative or liberal policies are best? ("just because" isn't a good answer!) Are the labels still meaningful?

I don't want it to turn into bitch sessions about Bush. I want us to be more forward looking.

No comments: