Friday, February 9, 2007

Sex Workers

Last night I went to Zeitgeist to see the Sex Workers Art Show. It was a cabaret with a couple of strip acts, some performance art, stand up comedy, and readings. It was interesting to hear women talking about their experiences as prostitutes. One of them worked her way through college and grad school doing table dances. Here are a couple of her responses to typical customer questions/comments:
  • Q: what would it take for you to leave here with me? A: a fire
  • Q: I have lots of money. A: I'm not interested in your money, only in mine.
  • Q: I'd like for you to sit on my face. A: why? is your nose bigger than your dick?

Back in the shop; we're now getting bagels baked here in New Orleans and they are fresh and delicious.

We have a new barista at the shop. Her name is Carmen and she is charming. She owns a coffee shop in Homer, Alaska and will be returning there when it warms up enough. Johnnie (aka Shakey) worked a couple of shifts this week and it was good to see him back in the shop. Nothing was broken.

I'm introducing a couple of new food items today. I'll write more on that when I see how well they work out.

No comments: