Sunday, February 18, 2007

Mardi Gras in my Window

I live in a condo on the corner of Prytania and Calliope, across from the interstate. St Charles Ave. is at the other end of the block. Every so often, I walk down to the corner and take in some of whatever parade is passing by. My desk faces the window (which is 9ft tall and 7ft 10inches wide - lots of view). I'm looking out at the the parking area under the interstate and watching a crew set up a portable food service. Later this morning I'll go out and see what they are selling. There are hot dogs and cotton candy on the other corner of my block. This is my first Mardi Gras in this location and it took two days to get the traffic pattern right. Now I can leave the coffee shop and drive home in a reasonable time. It involves several "U" turns and going the wrong way down a one way street for a few feet.......but it works.

What would we do without Mardi Gras?

No comments: