Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mardi Gras Memory

Last night I went to a parade. It was as if nothing had happened in all the years past and I was standing as I had when I was a child, watching glittery floats pass by with the marching bands and the noise and the color. I remembered when I was very young, sitting on my dad's shoulders and feeling on top of the world. He handed me fists full of beads and I thought he was the most powerful man in the world. Years later, he told me he'd gone to Mardi Gras World and bought the beads and stashed them in his pockets. He pretended to catch them so I could have more beads than he could have grabbed with me on his shoulders.

Mardi Gras is, indeed, a movable feast.

Back at the shop, we've added a couple of food items. There are cheese stuffed jalapeno peppers, mini pizzas, and walnut fudge brownies. The first two are served hot. Check the dry erase board for details. I'd like your feedback on these. They are trials and if you like them, I'll keep them in the line up.

No comments: