Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The shop and the blog

This post is about Marigny Perks coffee shop and this blog.

Billy is working on a web site for the shop and when its up, I'll transfer the blog to it. I plan to pluck out the best posts and migrate them to the web site. (Billy, as you may know, is the man behind "Billy's Bites" - purveyor of wonderful pastry, quiche, soup, and more)

At the shop, I've traded a generator I had left over from Katrina to a carpenter for more shelves. Travis painted them and I'm going to display merchandise on the upper shelves and use the lower ones for much needed storage. I'm waiting for a catalogue to come in so I can buy logo coffee mugs, t shirts, etc to sell. In general, there is a lot more waiting to doing business than I would like.

I'm always trying new food items. Those that go over well wind up on the menu. Those that don't, disappear. I've got fliers stuck all over the place there and it looks too cluttered. I'm looking for a message board so I can use it instead of fliers. Actually, finding a dry erase board is easy. Finding a place to put it in the shop isn't easy.

Its time to start thinking about hurricane preparation. I'll talk about that soon.

No comments: